Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Saturday, September 10, 2016
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
I can't believe how long I really went without publishing a blog post. It's really hard to explain but blocking just got boring to me. It was starting to feel like a chore and I had stopped enjoying it. I also started a new job and life kind of took me on a very different Journey. A little bit about what has happened in the last 2 years. I got married, we got two dogs, and we moved into a new home. My job has gotten more successful which is amazing because I am still in the makeup industry. I have been very active on my other social media platforms but I really have been missing my blog. I am constantly still using and reviewing lots of different products. Butt on Instagram you can only put so much about a product in the description and I really am missing out on being able to tell everybody the nitty-gritty on how the products work. So I am going to be starting up my blog again in order to give people some more in-depth information about beauty products that I use. Thank you so much to everybody who has continued to follow me on Facebook and Instagram and I hope you will enjoy my blog post just as much.
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Today I am here to do a review on a product I picked up a little over a month ago. I am a huge fan of Urban Decay products and am an Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette Hoarder! I admit it, it's a problem. It is one company that I am okay with splurging for. When I saw that they released an eyeshadow palette with 12 of their best sellers in it I immediately got excited. I got even more excited when I saw the $34 price tag which is pretty affordable for the brand.
Like I said the palette comes with 12 of their best selling eyeshadow shades which you can buy full size in singular form. Urban Decay Eyeshadows are normally $18 a piece and you get .05 oz in each one.
Monday, December 8, 2014
Hello there beauties. I hope you have been having a wonderful fall season and that you had an amazing Thanksgiving. I can't believe that the snow is falling in NY already and that the Christmas trees are up but alas it is winter time.
Another lovely fall season is behind us and I am here to tell you about some products that I have gotten a lot of use out of in the fall this year. I also have some products that were just downright horrible. Now keep in mind that I am in no means speaking for everyone here and that these opinons are based only on how they worked for me. So if you really love one of the products I didn't like...well, than I am glad someone is around to make it feel wanted.
Let's start off with the favorites shall we?
Kirkland Daily Facial Towlettes $11.99 at CostCo
Elf Baked Highlighter in Moonlit Pearl $3
NYX Butter Lip Balm in Brownie $4
Elf High Definition Powder $6
Beauty Blender $20
Dr.Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips $15
Clinique Take The Day Off For Lids, Lashes, & Lips $18
Clinique All About Eyes Rich $30
H20 Plus Hydrating Treatment $36
Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara
Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Oh La La Liquid Liner
Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Towelettes $6.49
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
I love the Holidays. I love all the Christmas brings. I always hear people grumbling when the holiday seasons come around but I happen to really enjoy them. I think every beauty lover likes the holidays even more because of all the makeup deals that happen this time of year. You have loads of website sales but this is also the time of year when all the companies put out there array of holiday sets. Holiday sets make me happy because they are usually way cheaper than the products are normally. If you have read my blog for a while then you know that I am all about affordable makeup. High end makeup does not typically fit into my low end budget but the holiday sets that the highend brands put out usually are within my financial reach. It's a great way to try out products before committing to buying them full price and full size.
Though I am usually a drugstore girl there are times when I splurge and get high end products. One brand that I have always been quite fond of in the snazzy makeup world is Smashbox.
I got one of their eye shadow palettes years ago as a gift and fell in love. I think I own most of their larger eyeshadow palettes at this point and I have never regretted buying a single one. Their eye shadows have always performed beautifully and have always been great quality. So of course when I say their holiday lineup the Luxe palette immediately called out to me. For one the packaging is just gorgeous. I love the jewel theme both on the outside and on the inside with the little gem in the middle of the palette. It is classy and hones in on all the things a girl loves...diamonds and makeup!!
The palette is only available at Ulta store or at Ulta.com! It is $42 and comes with 28 eye shadows. The shadows are a decent size. I would say they are about the size of a postage stamp or .04 oz each to be specific.
The packaging isn't the most durable but I still like it. It is a cardboard packaging kind of like the Naked palettes if you have ever seen those. It has a magnetic clasp at the front to help keep it from opening randomly. I love the jewel holographics on the front. I'd say this would be a good palette for light traveling however, I wouldn't bring it anywhere your bags could get thrown around.
You get quite an array of colors and finishes in this palette. There are mattes, satin finishes, and even some very shimmery shades. I love that you get some bright colors and plenty of neutrals so you could really create quite a few looks with this. I also love that it comes with awesome matte blending and highlighting shades. I can't stand when palettes don't have at least one good shade for the brow bone.
Because the palette is kind of strangely configured I went ahead and numbered the shades. I will list them below and give them a rating based on how I thought they performed. Not all of these shades wowed my pants off. Actually there were quite a few that disappointed me which hardly ever happens in a Smashbox palette.
1. Marzipan- A flesh tone matte shade. A terrific brow bone highlight. A+
2. Ambient- A warm bronzey brown with a shimmer finish. A
3. Midas- A shimmering taupe. Kind of chalky and a little hard to build color. B-
4. Zoom- An olive green shimmer. Beautiful shade but it does create some fallout. B
5. Totally Nude- A matte tan. Great color for blending in the crease. A+
6. Fizz- A light brown shimmer. Creamy and beautiful. A
7. Cream- Ivory shimmer shade. A
8. Roast- Deep dark brown with gold microglitter. A
9. Sumatra- Matte chocolate brown. Didn't apply evenly. Very hard to blend. D
10. Sable- Matte light brown. Creamy and a great blending shade. A
11. Juniper- A purple toned shimmering taupe. A
12. Lavender- A light purple shimmer. Powdery and not very pigmented. B-
13. Purple Mist- A deep purple with gold micro glitter. Hard texture and chalky. Hard to work with.
14. Pastel- A light satin finish pink. A
15. Peacock- A beautiful shimmering teal. A+ one of my favorites in the palette.
16. Sapphires- a shimmering midnight blue. Hard to apply evenly. Patchy. B-
17. Navy- A deep matte blue. A
18. Lilac- a cool tone shimmering purple. Another favorite. A
19. Royal- A deep matte purple. Didn't swatch very well but it is a great texture and a great defining shade. A
20. Snow- A matte white. A
21. Asteroid- A deep shimmering grey. Creates a lot of fall out. Powdery. B
22. Gypsy- A dark charcoal with silver micro glitter. A
23. Babycakes- A peachy satin shade. A
24. Moonlight- My least favorite shade. I don't even know what it's supposed to be. It just comes off as a powdery glitter. Creates crazy fallout. You need a tacky primer for sure.
25. Framboise- A deep pinky burgundy. A gorgeous fall shade. I love this as a blending color. A
26. Smoke- A deep charcoal matte. Gorgeous for a deep "smoke"y eye. A
27. Mink- A deep shimmering taupe. A
28. Cabernet- A satin finish burgundy shade. Gorgeous A+